In order to fix this problem, you'll need to set up and register the library file.
The easiest way to do that is to download the following file that will install and register most of the Library Files used by Ascentive's products (if you still see the error, try the manual instructions below).
Please use the following URL to download a 4.34 MB (4,560,550 bytes) Ascentive Library Installer.
Right click on the above link and select "Save target as..."
Alternatively, you may download just the file you are missing and manually register it yourself. Here's how to do it:
If you are getting an error telling you that the file is missing, then you are not typing the command in correctly. You will need to type it in *exactly* as follows:
- Download MSCOMCTL.OCX (right click the text on the left and save to your Desktop).
- Back up your current copy of MSCOMCTL.OCX and copy the new version to the same file location. This file should be located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory on your C: drive (for Windows NT, 2000, and Xp: \WINNT\system32).
- Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".
- Type the following command to register this library file: regsvr32 \windows\system\MSCOMCTL.OCX (for Windows NT and 2000: regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX)
- You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded"
regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX (for Windows NT and 2000)
* Please note that there is a SPACE after "regsvr32" and before "\windows\system\MSCOMCTL.OCX"
You should probably copy and paste the command so that you are unable to mistype it.
Download MSCOMCTL.OCX now (right-click on the link and select "Save Target as...").